Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I have no willpower

I finally broke down and did it - I have bought an iPod. I displayed some constraint and didn't go with the iPod Photo. While it has a colour screen, the picture view is way to small to actually see anything, so why bother? Now I've got my tunes all loaded up and I'm ready to roll. I can play solitaire on it... and everyone's favourite Atari paddle game - Brick! I'm just as hopeless at it as I was in the 80s - I can't figure out which way to turn the wheel to make the bar move across the screen in the direction I want - I have paddle dyslexia.

So I've transferred all my songs over and I'm ready to take it around Tokyo with me tomorrow. Figure I can zone out on the train. I am using my ear clip headphones with the retractable cord (by Panasonic) instead of the ear buds that come with it. THey don't fit in my ear right and end up hurting and bruising me. Probably just as well - I won't have the tell-tale white cord. Good when traveling, as the white cord may attract thieves.

So now I am part of the new music revolution. It's just like getting one of the first Walkman's! I was reading an article where you can even get an iPod case in the shape (and colour) of one of those old yellow Sony Walkman's. I am now supposedly "hip and trendy". Wow, a whole new image just from buying a music player!

Side note - I uploaded a bunch of pics to my photoblog (link in sidebar).

No comments: