Saturday, April 15, 2006

Wow, it's Easter

Apparently it is Easter weekend. Japan, being a non-Christian country, doesn't celebrate it, so I have been spared the chocolate extravaganza's in every store.

Hiroshi knows Easter as the holiday where you die eggs. I think the first year that we were together, my mom sent an egg dying kit over and we had fun making the eggs wild and crazy colours. I mentioned that it was Easter weekend and he asked if we (westerners) ate turkey... I had to explain ham, hot cross buns, chocolate egg hunts and the like.

I could make a ham and do the Easter thing, but that would require finding one - and then I'd have to search for hot cross buns, or more specifically a recipe for them. Then I'd be baking all weekend... because there are other family breads and stuff that are traditional at Easter as well. So, no chocolate and no ham for me. Luckily Hiroshi has now forgotten about Cadbury cream eggs, or he'd be whining about wanting them. Personally, I'd kill for the Cadbury mini-egg things with the hard outer coating.

No comments: