Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Did you miss me?

Wow, I can't believe it has been two and a half months since I last blogged. Where the heck did all that time go? This year has just flown by. Two weeks from now is Golden Week (a week with a bunch of holidays in it).... I haven't made any plans to go anywhere, so I guess I am staying here. Good way to save money I guess ;)

The cherry blossoms are finally fading away here. They actually lasted a full two weeks. There are only a few remaining petels on the trees now... although there is the odd tree of a different type that still has blossoms. In Tokyo the trees tend to be mainly one type of cherry tree though. I had my hanami (cherry blossom viewing) party on the weekend. We had a touch of rain in the morning, but otherwise the weather was great. Sunny and 20C so I got a bit of sun on my face. It felt great to be outside in the fresh air. Although, I am really starting to feel old... just sitting around all day totally stiffened all my hip joints, and I could hardly walk in the evening, let alone the next day. Add that to the fact that I get tired really easily if I have a heavy/long day at work and I am starting to feel older and older. Whatever happened to staying up all night partying and then going to work the next day? Oh yeah, that was like a decade ago. Scary.

Not much has been going on in the past two and a half months. Just working. My job will be changing a bit in the next week or so (but I'm still with the same company) - hopefully my hours will get a bit more regular. The only exciting thing I guess is that Amazing Race is back in its original format and is worth watching again.

I am hoping to get back into the daily blogging thing, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Glad you're back and all is ok.

I also am enjoying this version of Amazing Race.

Patricia