Monday, October 13, 2003

Today it rained like crazy, and there wasn't even a typhoon! Around 2 the skies just let loose. I was picking up some groceries and when I came back I had to cross over the river (actually it is a drainage ditch IMO, but it has been named Meguro river). It had stopped raining, but I couldn't believe how high the water in the ditch was! I've never seen it so high. It was within a couple meters of the top. The ditch is probably 20 meters deep, and another twenty across. The water line is usually at least 10 meters down. So the water rose quickly! When I got to the other side, the low lying areas beside the ditch were flooded! Couldn't believe it.
So that was my excitement for today. Today was a holiday so I had a two day weekend for the first time in a while. Other than groceries I just hung out. Watched Minority Report on video. Going to make nabe (hot pot) for dinner with cod, konnyaku and veggies. Yum! First time this season.
Thought I had found a good ryokan (inn) to go to when mom and Donnie come, but I have now found an even better one. I just have to get Hiroshi to check through the website. This one looks like it is cheaper too. Go figure. Also realized that it might be snowing where we are going. We are going way up in the mountains in central Japan. Could be chilly! But that will make the onsen water all the more enjoyable!

No comments: