Sunday, October 19, 2003

Today I had to work (yes, I know it is Sunday and that I don't get a day off this week). Blech. I finished reading my Sue Grafton book (Alphabet series - good train reading. Train reading = mildly entertaining plot and doesn't matter if you miss a paragraph or forget your place). This means I now get to decide whether I want to read 'L' or something different.

I seemed to have wasted a lot of time this evening doing pretty much nothing. I did put the laundry on and started putting things away. I have a quest to clean off the junk on the kitchen table ... and perhaps the desk? I have to cook up chicken which has been marinated in the fridge for a while... as in borderline garbage while. Hope it is ok. There are no good movies, well no movies period, on tv tonight so I suppose I should be productive and clean the apartment.

The NHK guy came calling today. NHK is the public service channel here. You're supposed to pay something like $250US a year for it. I don't think so. I tried the "I don't speak Japanese" but then he forked over an English brochure, so I had to resort to lying and saying "I don't have a TV". Really. And if you look in my apartment those two things that look like tvs are just your imagination. Honest. He left, so maybe he believed me.


No comments: