Saturday, September 24, 2005

CostCo trip

Today I went out to CostCo and spent all my money LOL. Actually, I didn't spend that much, but you know how you always spend much more than you think at CostCo. I got a new grill that I'm looking forward to trying out. I have this giant one that is has a griddle and a grill, but it is the size of a stove top, so it is too much of a pain to cook up 2 pieces of chicken. So this one should be much more convenient.

I also got "The World's Softest Socks". These things are comfy! They really are soft - not sure about softest in the world, but they are pretty nice. They'll be great for cold toes in the winter! I have to be on the lookout for a blanket in this knit, because that would be awesome.

Of course the purchase that I wanted to make (but didn't) was a convection oven, with a rotisserie! And it was only 20,000 yen! I was imagining rotisserie chicken and baked potatoes and all kinds of yummy things! Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to put it. So I need to do some thinking... and maybe measuring. If I can fit another shelving unit on one wall, I'd have some space. I don't have enough plugs, but I'm already playing rotate the plugs around. So maybe next time I go, if it is still there, I'll get it. It sucks not having a stove (no place for one in Japanese apartments) and I have wanted one forever, so who knows.

No comments: