Saturday, September 11, 2004

Sorting out my music

I spent the evening organizing my music on my computer. Macintosh's iTunes program nicely organizes everything by artist, album, genre, song title or user assigned song rating. Great except most of this data was missing. So I added it all in. Which was frustrating because some, err a lot, of these songs were downloaded of the net and didn't have the artist's names spelled correctly... or wrong! Umm.. if you are going to upload a song to the internet, how hard is it to look at the CD and verify who sang it? Geesh.

So now I'm grooving to my tunes. I always forget to turn it on when I'm on the computer. I should start listening to music more. And, I am hoping to transfer all my CD's on here. Guess that means I need an href="http://www.apple.com/ipod/" target="_blank">iPod. Hah! Oh, I'm turning into a techie geek. But, this way Hiroshi and I can take music with us. The iBook doesn't have such a big hard-drive and music is taking up a big chunk of it. So, I'm going to go into the transfer and archive thing. Transfer the CD onto my hard-drive (or future iPod) and then archive them on my removable drive just in case.

Of course Hiroshi will be right upset if I only get one iPod. We'll be fighting over it. Hmm. The mini-iPods are so cute but they are only 4GB of space. Not so much once you get a whole CD library in digital format. Decisions, decisions. Maybe the iPod will be Hiroshi's and my xmas present to each other.

No comments: