Friday, May 11, 2007

Hectic Week

This week has been absolutely crazy. Everyone enjoyed their time off last week and spent time thinking up new projects to implement right away. I've been in the office until 10 or 11 every night. Of course I don't mind so much. I am really enjoying my new job and am on salary - if it gets busy, it is kind of expected that you stay late sometimes.

Anyway, I am pretty much defining my own job (English Development Leader) and deciding on what projects I want to tackle with my own timelines. Everyone is much friendlier in the office than what you would think. I am at a consulting company that is notorious for being snobby. I seem to be settling in though, and know quite a few people already from being their teacher in the past. That makes it much easier because I already have a social network. I just think it is great to be challenged and doing something new!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like you're working with the company that starts with a big M?

Thanks for the xmas/ new years card. Perhaps I'll get some sent out around July!