Friday, October 14, 2005

Lasik Eye Surgery Video

Not for the squeamish, here is a video of lasik eye surgery being done.

I am almost at my 6 month mark. It is still the best thing I have ever done. I love not having to wear glasses. It is so nice to be able to see all the time! My eye sight seems to have been evening out over the last few weeks. I was worried for a bit because my right eye seemed much weaker than the left. They are equalizing though. My eyes still get tired quickly if I spend too much time at the computer, and my vision slips a bit if I am tired as well (namely late at night).

Other than these minor problems, everything is great. I haven't had any starbursts or halos - well, I do, but the same as I had before. If memory serves correctly, they are not as bad as when I used contact lenses. Sometimes at night brightly backlit signs cause some blurring, but not so bad that I can't read them - it just shortens up my distance vision.

Anyway, that is the low-down / end result of my lasik. They say it takes 6 months for your vision to stabilize and your eyes to heal. I only very occasionally need to put drops in - usually when I've spent a long time looking at bright things (eg computer or movie screen). So, it seems like I didn't get any of the bad side effects that lasik can cause, and just ended up with good vision :)

If you are thinking about getting it done and are squeamish, don't look at the video. If that kind of stuff doesn't weird you out, the video is interesting.

No comments: