Sunday, November 14, 2004

Socializing on a Saturday Night

Hey, I actually went out last night! Sometimes I go out for dinner with a colleague after work, but usually I just come home and veg out... which was starting to make me feel old! Last night a few of us went out after work. I suggested my local yaki-tori (grilled chicken restaurant) so we all went there. Everyone liked the food, so that was good. We also had a few beers - which of course put everyone into a singing mood. So off we went to karaoke and sang for a bit. It was fun. I haven't drunk that much in a long time though (darn "all you can drink" option at karaoke). There were yuzu-honey (yuzu is a citrus fruit) sours (made with a Japanese liquor called shouchu) which went down a bit too easily. They were nice. And now I am paying for it by being fairly hung over this morning. Oh well, we had fun. Now I just have to get myself in working order for round 2 - I'm going out with colleagues later this afternoon too.

No comments: