Friday, May 07, 2004

Single women's answer to sex

Ok, did the title get your attention? ;) Tonight Hiroshi and I were wandering around after I finished work and decided to go out to eat - I just couldn't bear to cook. So we hunted around Gate City in Osaki to try and find another new restaurant and found an Indonesian restaurant tucked around a corner in the basement.

The restaurant is really small, but the decor is really cute nice (cute would be the Japanese expression). It is almost like being on a tropical island because there is a big bamboo roof jutting out into the middle of the restaurant - under which is a wooden floored area with lots of pillows where you can sit and eat. There were also regular tables. In addition to the nice decor, many of the dishes came with a fresh orchid as a garnish, which was a really nice touch.

But now we get to the food. Holy cats! Talk about hot! But sooo good! We had spring rolls with mango chilli sauce to start. Then we had tom yung gun (Indonesian style). The spice in it was clean compared to Thailand's pungent. And talk about sweating. Both of us were mopping our brows with the hand towel I carry with me. I have never sweated like tha before from spicy food. Even Thai food hasn't come close. Then we had shrimp in coconut and tumeric sauce - mmmmm. Plus a spicy fish and then Indonesian rice which was nice and mild after all the spicy dishes. The shrimps in the soup and the coconut dish were very big and sweet too. Very, very yummy food.

Of course, now you are probably wonder what the heck the title has to do with this entry. Well, midway thru the meal, I started to get all tingly as my blood started moving. Hiroshi felt it too. Then my legs started to get weak and the most bizarre feeling came over me. Warm, relaxed, lethargic... and then it hit me - it was exactly like that post-orgasmic feeling! Who knew food could reproduce that feeling! Hiroshi says I'm strange but he was also feeling pretty relaxed and said something about tingling feet. Anyway, I totally attribute this to the spicing in the food. It really was hot, but so addictive we couldn't stop eating despite burning mouths. Maybe an endorphin rush?

Walking home with jelly legs was torture. I kept imagining in my head that I was on a beach and just wanted to lay down in the sand and have an ocean breeze blow over me. Then I realized why it was so easy to visualize that - I was as relaxed as I was when we came back from our honeymoon in Phuket (Thailand). So not only is the food great for that post-sex feeling (totally safe, and sans a man for my single friends) but it also is a cheap stress reliever!

Anyway, when we got home we flopped down on the futon, turned the fan on low and dreamed of being on the beach. Ahhhhh.... heaven.